Newport Beach, CA
Born and raised on and around boats in Newport Harbor, Dave’s life has been intertwined with the ocean since he was a grom surfing under Newport Pier. “I feel the most alive,” he says, “when I’m in the ocean.” Dave has combined his passion for all ocean sports with his passion for photography and video production to communicate the wonders of our fragile marine environments.
- Graduated from San Francisco State University with a BA in Developmental Psychology
- Graduated from Pepperdine University with an MA in Educational Psychology
- Lived, taught English and made sport documentaries in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca, Mexico for 12 years
- Avid surfer, kitesurfer, diver, fisherman, boat captain
- Fluent in Spanish as a second language
- Received his 50 Ton Masters License from USCG in 2010