Santa Barbara, CA
Crescent City, CA
Raised on the classic breaks of Rincon and The Ranch, Joe inherited his father’s restless nature. He earned a reputation first as a world-class surfer and far-flung traveler and later as a photographer, capturing surfing’s many facets. He’s traveled to more than 40 countries on six continents. He currently resides in Crescent City, where he runs an art framing business and makes handcrafted surfboards and furniture.
- Caught his first wave at Hammonds Reef in 1983
- Multiple surfing, diving, and fishing trips to Baja with his father
- Surfed Kirra and Jeffrey’s Bay, early ‘90’s
- Made his first off-the-beaten surf trip to Scotland in 1996
- Traveled to over 40 countries
- Married his wife, Teasha in 2005
- Profiled in Surfer Magazine, 2007
- Featured in the films, One California Day, The Fifth Symphony, Glass Love and Thread
- Photographs exhibited at galleries in San Francisco, Portland, New York, London, Paris, Sydney Sao Paulo and Tokyo.
- Photographs published in a limited edition book, One, published by Bueno! Books, Japan
- Shaped a surfboard that actually works, 2011