Patagonia Men's Stretch Thermal Hoody
We took the best qualities of boardshorts and wetsuits to build this warm and versatile insulated hoody. Made from 100% recycled polyester stretch boardshorts fabric with a warm and fast-drying thermal wetsuit lining, it’s an innovative solution for post-surf warmth. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Face fabric is stretchy 100% recycled polyester with 50+ UPF sun protection; bonded interior thermal lining is 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex
- Fixed three-panel hood with laminated visor offers streamlined protection and a full range of motion
- Full-zip design has zipper garage at collar for increased comfort next to skin
- Self-draining, mesh-lined front slash pockets have non-corroding plastic zippers with added zipper pulls for ease of use
- Durable elastic cuffs have thumb loops to keep sleeves in place
- Hidden entry on lower-left yoke for kite-harness compatibility; harness can be hooked in from underneath or over the jacket; single-pull elastic drawcord hem
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- 567 g (20 oz)
Exterior face: 100% recycled polyester ripstop with two-way mechanical stretch, a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection.
Bonded liner: Solution-dyed 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewnView The Footprint Chronicles
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
Fair Trade Certified™
We pay a premium for every Fair Trade Certified item that carries our label. That extra money goes directly to the workers at the factory, and they decide how to spend it. The program also promotes worker health and safety and social and environmental compliance, and encourages dialog between workers and management.