Patagonia Women's Silent Down Parka
One of the softest and most supple down coats we have ever made. Designed with comfort and warmth in mind to be the ultimate everyday and travel jacket. We combined a stretchy 100% polyester (70% recycled) shell with 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products) insulation.
- Soft, stretchy 100% polyester (70% recycled) shell with 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products) insulation
- Stowaway hood rolls up into back neck when not in use and easily unzips when unexpected weather comes at you fast; drawcord cinches hood for blustery conditions
- Flattering princess seams create feminine shape with classic chevron-design baffles
- Secured internal zippered pocket keeps your passport safe
- Cuffs have internal smocked elastic to keep wrists warm
- Two-way center-front zipper for warmth and comfort when sitting
- Above-the-knee length
- 686 g (24.2 oz)
Shell and lining: 2.2-oz 100% polyester (70% recycled) taffeta with mechanical stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 700-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products).
Shell and lining fabric is certified as bluesign® approvedView The Footprint Chronicles
100% Recycled Down
There’s a huge upside when you can turn waste into something beautiful; we’re doing that with Recycled Down. It’s a mix of either 600- or 700-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. The reclaimed down is washed, using detergent and thermal water at 34 degrees Celsius, then dried at 135 degrees Celsius (20 minutes longer than the industry standard), making it hypoallergenic. Recycled Down offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down.
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.