Patagonia Grade VII Down Parka
For thriving—not just surviving—in the most extreme places on Earth, our Grade VII Down Parka represents years of building, testing and refining among our brain trust of designers and ambassadors, resulting in a belay and bivy parka worthy of the most visionary lines on the most intimidating peaks.More Details Less
- Light yet durable 100% nylon shell fabrics maximize wet-weather protection with a light DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout, and glued-baffle construction on arms, shoulders and chest
- Fully baffled construction and differentially cut shell and liner keep down lofted and eliminate cold spots; elasticized stitch on liner at side panels pulls jacket into the body
- Alpine helmet–compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and high-loft draft collar around the neck; 2-way center-front Vislon® zipper is backed with kissing draft tubes
- Exterior pockets: two large chest pockets with zipper garages, and two large hand pockets with stiffened welts for easy access; all pockets have down insulation on both sides of pocket bag to retain warmth when pockets are open
- Interior pockets: two catch-all pockets on each side of the front torso have stretch mesh for draining snow melt; right-rear interior pocket has small stash pocket with keeper-loop for retaining self-fabric stuffsack
- Elasticized stitch at the cuff opening sits gently on the wrist, locking in heat and allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up at brew stops
- Hem-cord routes through mini snowskirt and is located several inches above jacket hem to cinch toward body without draft spots; unique construction allows hem-cord adjustability inside parka or inside interior pocket to avoid hanging loops that can snag on gear and rocks
- 675 g (23.8 oz)
For thriving on the most visionary lines on the most intimidating peaks, our Grade VII Down Parka represents years of building, testing and refining among our designers and ambassadors. At belays and bivies—any time you stop or you’re moving through absolute zero—the parka keeps your fire burning with its precise, fully baffled construction (laminated on the arms, shoulders and chest) and differentially cut shell and liner, which traps your heat courtesy of 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International, traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds are not force-fed or live-plucked). The design further ensures that the loft stays in place, thus eliminating cold spots, regardless of severity of use, and elasticized stitching on the side panels of the liner hug the jacket into the body. The nylon ripstop shell is more robust in the sides and back, and has a DWR (durable water repellent) finish throughout. The helmet-compatible, baffled hood has a single-pull drawcord and a high-loft draft collar around the neck; the 2-way center-front zipper is backed with draft tubes that kiss together, removing the cold shoulder (or cold zipper). Plenty of pockets keep you sorted when hell freezes over: Double chest pockets and double handwarmer pockets have down on both sides of the pocket bags to retain warmth when open, and four interior catch-all pockets (two on each side) have stretch mesh for draining snow melt (the back-right interior pocket has a hidden stash tube with keeper-loop for retaining the self-fabric stuffsack). The elasticized-stitch cuff openings sit gently on the wrist, locking in heat and allowing the sleeve to be easily pulled down over gloves, or pushed up at brew stops. The hem drawcord routes through the mini snowskirt and is several inches above the hem, thus pulling everything inward without draft spots while eliminating any hanging loops that can snag on gear and rocks. Dialed.
Front shell: 1.2-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Side and back shell: 1.2-oz 20-denier 100% nylon ripstop with a DWR finish.
Lining: 0.85-oz 15-denier 100% nylon ripstop Pertex Quantum® with a DWR finish.
Insulation: 800-fill-power Advanced Global Traceable Down (goose down certified by NSF International, traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure that the birds are not force-fed or live-plucked)
|Weight||675 g (23.8 oz)|
Traceable Down Insulation
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.